A #MOOVEMENT FOR INSTANT CARBON REDUCTION FROM LIVESTOCK
Mootral™ is a new solution that reduces carbon emissions from cows by at least 30%.
Livestock emissions are responsible for 15% of all global greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs)¹. They are the third largest contributor of GHGs after energy and industry, ahead of the transportation sector.
Methane is a gas that is 21 times more potent than CO2. Within the livestock industry itself, cows produce more methane emissions than the average output of a European car that clocks 65kms a day.
There are 1.8 billion cows in the world and each cow produces an average of 2.4 tons of CO2e² per year³. This methane emission is due to cows’ inefficient digestive system i.e. burps and flatulence.
1 Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), 2016
2 CO2e, or carbon dioxide equivalent, is a standard unit for measuring carbon footprints. It is to express the impact of each different GHG in terms of the amount of CO2 that would create the same amount of warming
3 Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) – Global Livestock Environment Assessment Model (GLEAM)
WHAT IS MOOTRAL™ ?
Mootral™ is a proprietary feed supplement made from natural ingredients: a garlic extract and citric extracts (a by-product from the processing of oranges). Zaluvida took more than 10 years of research to arrive at the best extract from the right natural raw ingredients and derive the correct ratio of active components and manufacture the product into the right format.
THE BENEFITS OF MOOTRAL™
Mootral™ helps shape a better future by reducing methane emissions while achieving a positive impact on cows’ health. Mootral™ can help governments, companies and consumers around the world reduce carbon emissions immediately.
Mootral™ drives change in the following ways.
- Mootral™ is a natural feed supplement that improves gastrointestinal health of cows.
- Results show that less than 10gms of Mootral™ per day reduce emissions by at least 30 percent, which amounts to 1 ton CO2e per cow per year.
- Mootral™ has the potential to reduce carbon emissions globally by up to 1 Giga ton of CO2e, to help meet the Paris Climate Change Agreement goals.
- Energy that was wasted to make methane can now be directed to growth and healthy development of the cow.
- Mootral’s™ powder format can be easily integrated into cows’ feed.
- Cows become healthier in a natural way. Healthier cows mean happier farmers!
Mootral™ is ready for commercialisation and could contribute significantly towards achieving the goals of reducing of carbon emissions immediately globally.
Discover more about this breakthrough product.